MacGourmet Release Notes
Oct 2, 2012
- Fixed some display issues when running on a MacBook Pro with a Retina display.
- [Import/Export] Improved handling of the encoding of import files created on other platforms.
- [Misc.] Fixed an error that could occur when Spotlight support was turned off.
- [UI] Added Retina versions of most of the UI icons in the main application.
July 16, 2012
- Please Note: This update ends compatibilty with Mac OS X 10.5.8. 10.6 or later is now required.
- [Publishing] Removed support for MobileMe (which was shut down by Apple)
- [Import/Export] Fixed a problem importing MX2 files using drag and drop
- [Import/Export] MasterCook file import no longer throws exception on Lion when imported.
- [Import/Export] Fixed a problem where importers were not parsing ingredient “Parts” correctly for metrics.
- [UI] Disabled option to create a smart list from a Cupboard Find result (not supported yet).
- [UI] Fixed issues with Clippings list and Date Last Modified, Date Created display.
- [UI] Fixed problems with deleted equipment items still showing up in editor, and with adding new items causing everything to be unchecked.
- [Mountain Lion] Fixed a space encoding for HTML paths that prevented Deluxe from starting up properly.
- [Sandbox] MAS version of the application prompts for file formats before save dialog opens.
- [Sandbox] MAS version now prompts for save location of files each time a site’s pages are generated.
January 31, 2012
- [Preferences] Fixed a problem saving the window position and tab selection.
- [General UI] Fixed a problem enabling/disabling Move to Trash menu command correctly.
- [Import – Export] The right-click menu Clear command is now correctly enabled for the Last Import list.
- [Scaling] Improvements in the scaling of certain ingredient combinations.
- [Scaling] Fixed a problem where applying a scale wasn’t working from the list. (you need to do this from within the editor)
- [Included Recipes] Fixed a crash caused by circular included recipe references.
- [Shopping Lists] Fixed an issue combining more than one shopping list when all of them hadn’t been displayed and loaded fully.
- [Find & Search] Fixed the display of one of the search fields for Notes.
- [Web Import Assistant] Fixed an issue that was causing the CPU to be used unnecessarily when the sites list for “open anyway” was left open.
- [Ingredients list] Fixed a display caching issue seen after converting a row to a group.
- [Import – Export] Fixed a potential crash when importing Meal-Master files.
- [Find and Search] Fixed a problem where created and modified dates in a find results or filtered list were being displayed incorrectly.
- [Chef View] Fractions now get converted to the character when they can be.
November 1, 2011
- [Web Import Assistant] Clippings can now be saved if they have a name, and either ingredients or directions (both no longer required).
- [Web Import Assistant] Editing the text views will now properly cause the editor to know that it needs to be saved.
- [Web Import Assistant] Importing failure is now displays the proper error message.
- [Recipe Editor] Improved the name capitalization routine when importing a recipe.
October 26, 2011
- N [Web Site Import] New “Import Recipe from Web Page” command that lets you import recipes from within MacGourmet without using Services, helpful for sites with logins that prevent imports (America’s Test Kitchen), or for importing many recipes at once without opening and closing the assistant each time.
- N [Web Import Assistant] Redesigned import assistant with background importing for better processing.
- N [Find and Search] You’re now able to create a new list from the results displayed in a Find list (Edit > New > List from Find).
- B [General UI] Calculating nutrition with a recipe selected in a sub list will now correctly display the values everywhere.
- B [General UI] Rating a recipe will no longer “hide” the nutritional data.
- B [General UI] Improved UI updates when category list in Lists Editor is changed.
- B [General UI] Clicked link in Item Viewer now correctly opens a web browser window.
- B [General UI] Added a prompt to confirm item deletion, or move to trash (can be turned off).
- B [Recipe Editor] Single cuisine is now displayed correctly in editor.
- B [Recipe Editor] Deleting a step now selects the next step, instead of selecting the first step each time.
- B [Recipe Editor] Fixed a reset problem when measurment system change was canceled.
- B [Recipe Editor] Ingredients with a quantity that has a ‘-’ in it, like 1-1/2 can now be scaled without changing the value.
- B [Recipe Editor] Ingredients moved out of group are no longer deleted if group that was formerly the parent is deleted.
- B [Shopping List] New shopping lists no longer can overwrite previously created lists (display issue).
- B [Shopping List] Reordering columns no longer prevents pick lists from being displayed.
- B [Wine Notes] Changing wine type now correctly displays updated note view with new type.
- B [Wine Notes] Sorting by type now should work properly.
- B [Import – Export] Importing from MasterCook MX2 files improved.
- B [Themes] Recipes with more than 3 ingredient groups are now displayed correctly in themes with multiple ingredient columns.
- B [Cooking Note Editor] Source field now supports “type ahead” as expected.
- B Other misc. fixes and improvements.
September 15, 2011
- Fixed a crash that could occur when updating from MacGourmet 2
- Web Site Imports should now work with Google’s Chrome web browser.
August 2, 2011
- [General UI] Fixed a problem where having multiple kinds of items in the same list could cause an exception.
- [Recipe Editor] Recipe list for “Add as Ingredient” now updated when new recipes are added.
- [Recipe Editor] Changing courses for more than one selected recipe now works correctly.
- [Recipe Editor] Fixed a scaling issue where measurement would incorrectly get changed from weight to cups.
- [Import/Export] Measurement now gets exported for “recipe as ingredient” in an ingredient list.
- [Lion] Opening a new browser window by clicking on a link works again.
May 24, 2011
- [General UI] Delete key pressed when something in Trash list is selected no longer “restores” item.
- [Recipe Editor] Selecting newly added category in editor no longer causes ingredients/directions to “vanish”.
- [Recipe Editor] Changing difficulty should now correctly mark a recipe as having been changed.
- [Shopping List] Fixed a problem combining some shopping list items when making a new list.
- [Web Import Assistant] Changed minimum size setting of window to prevent resize issues.
- [Misc.] Updated some application strings and language for clarity.
April 25, 2011
- N [Web Site Import] The product that first brought you web site importing raises the bar again: Import from over 40 of your favorite recipe sites, with more on the way!
- N [General UI] Directions: Added new processing to steps created using drag and drop.
- N [Nutrition] If Nutrition is installed, Calculations tab is selected by default.
- N [Chef View] Item viewer changed to restore previous chef view-like viewing and tabbed interface.
- N [Weblog Publishing] Added blogging support for MacJournal.
- N [Recipe Directions] Added direction commands to merge selected steps (drag and drop one step onto another to merge), and separate selected step into multiple steps (right click menu command).
- N [Recipe Ingredients] Added “New Group with Selection” command to ingredients list right-click menu to quickly create a new group with ingredients.
- N [Recipe Ingredients] Re-added scaling control to ingredients list (toolbar command).
- N [Recipe Ingredients] Re-added ability to permanently change the ingredient amounts to the scaled values (hold option key to change “Scale” button to “Apply” to actually change the ingredient amounts).
- N [Recipe Ingredients] Recipes as ingredients can now have quantity and measurements.
- N [General] Updated BWToolkit to version 1.2.5.
- N [Mac App Store] Improved migration from previous versions of MacGourmet to the Mac App Store version.
- B [General UI] Sorted column in columns view is now correctly saved and restored after quit and restart.
- B [General UI] New and delete item buttons in item column no longer enabled during editing in widescreen view.
- B [General UI] Cancelling an export now works correctly.
- B [General UI] Child lists can now be dragged from parent list to My Lists.
- B [General UI] Move of recipe from one list to another with recipe already there no longer results in a duplicate.
- B [General UI] Courses in 3-pane view now sorting correctly.
- B [General UI] Option dragging from one list to another no longer adds “copy”“ to the name, as it’s not a real copy.
- B [General UI] Edit > Duplicate command correctly copies Intro/Summary.
- B [Chef View] Directions now get reset to top when changing recipes.
- B [Chef View] Values with decimal values are now displayed correctly.
- B [Import – Export] Exporting wine notes using the RTF format no longer throws an exception.
- B [Recipe] Clicking “Mark as Flagged” button in editor now correctly saves the updated value.
- B [Recipe Directions] Recipe copy and paste now correctly copies direction step images.
- B [Recipe Editor] Added support for delete key support to image well to delete direction and note image.
- B [Recipe] Recipe copy and pasted now correctly copies note tags.
- B [Recipe Ingredients] Copying and pasting a recipe no longer “ungroups” grouped ingredients.
- B [Recipe Ingredients] Fixed a refresh issue that was preventing ingredients converted from english to metric and vice versa from being displayed correctly after conversion (amounts weren’t getting updated).
- B [Shopping List] Combined shopping lists no longer lose aisle info.
- B [Shopping List] Dragging item to favorites that is already there no longer causes application to crash.
- B [Shopping List] Fixed a problem where dragging and dropping a recipe with a recipe as an ingredient caused app to hang.
- B [Find and Search] An error is no longer generated when trying to flag item in a list.
- B [Plug-ins] Bundled plug-ins no longer show in the Deluxe optional list as needing Install (they are included).
- B [Import – Export] Exporting notes no longer causes application to hang.
- B [Import – Export] SplashShopper files are now encoded correctly.
- B [Import – Export] Conversion to steps now only adds steps for 2 consecutive newlines.
- B [Import – Export] Fixed a problem exporting MasterCook MXP files.
- B [Smart Lists] Marking something in smart list as prepared no longer causes application to crash.
- B [Web Import Assistant] Hours in prep time processing now getting set correctly.
- B [Web Import Assistant] Fixed a problem where a clipping would be made instead of a recipe imported if “Import Recipe from Web Page” Services command was chosen and the application wasn’t already running.
Dec 7, 2010
- [General] Fixed a problem where icons for recipes were being incorrectly displayed for wine and cooking notes in the Last Import list.
- [General] Fixed a problem that prevented the recipe box “+” button from reenabling after an editor was opened.
- [General] Fixed a problem that caused the user lists to not update when something was moved to the Trash.
- [Shopping List] Fixed a problem filling in aisles and stores from Favorites list.
- [Shopping List] Fixed a problem where some scaled amounts were not getting used for list when creating a list from one or more recipes.
- [Import/Export] Added smarter support for opening older import files.
- [Email] Index numbers no longer getting added to group names.
- [Find and Search] Fixed a problem seen when searching and deleting current find string past the “beginning” of the string.
- [Cook’n] Updated plug-in to use better encoding support.
- [Yahoo Food] Updated plug-in for new web site URL.
- [Help] Added “Where is My Database?” command that opens current database file in a new Finder window.
October 22, 2010
- [Shopping List] Coupon tag image now shown correctly when list has aisles and stores.
- [Shopping List] Fixed some formatting issues in the print version of lists.
- [Import/Export] Added smarter support for opening older import files.
- [General] File > New > Shopping List from Selection command is now using scaled recipe ingredients.
- [FoodNetwork.com] Embedded links are now stripped from ingredients and directions.
- [Plug-in Manager] Fixed some issues updating to new versions of installed plug-ins.
October 12, 2010
- Importing from AllRecipes.com no longer crashes the app.
- Fixed a problem where items in the List Editor couldn’t be deleted.
- Fixed a problem where the scaled recipe amounts were not being sent to the shopping list when one is created using a scaled recipe.
- Fixed problems using Apple Remotes of various kinds on various Mac OS versions.
- Fixed a problem where changing View Options resulted in an empty list with no columns.
- Plug-in Manager should now display plug-in serial numbers.
- Fixed a problem that caused recipes to be deleted if Recipes list was selected instead of Trash when Empty Trash command was selected.
- Fixed a problem that was causing files with no encodings to not be imported as expected.
- Added Cardstock print theme.
- Added Aperature display theme.
- [Nutrition] Fixed data import problems. The information should now be correct again, and is using the very latest USDA database.
- [Mealplan] Fixed a problem where in the transition from previous version the previous meal plan data was getting copied by not opened.
Updating your Plug-ins: You should update your plug-ins by downloading their package installers from their product pages, and double-clicking on them to install them. You’ll find links to their product pages on the main macgourmet.com web page.
October 6, 2010
MacGourmet 3 is $29. You can update to MacGourmet 3 for $10 (the update is free for those who purchased version 2 between July 1st, 2010 and October 5th, 2010)
- Please see What’s New in MacGourmet 3 for more detail.