FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Help me to use my new cooktop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MacGourmet Recipe Swap Forum Index -> Kitchen Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deronfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Help me to use my new cooktop Reply with quote

recently I bought an induction cooker, which is beautiful and cheap, it can output 2000W under 220V. But it only suits 220V, and can output only 500W under 110V. cooking will be so slow when output is 500W. I like this cook top so much, I do not want to give it up, How can I do ?
Question

Last edited by deronfan on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
magiccat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now using chinese induction cooker which is 220V, but I have an idea to get 220V in my kitchen, if you want to learn the method, I can teach you.
deronfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magiccat wrote:
I am now using chinese induction cooker which is 220V, but I have an idea to get 220V in my kitchen, if you want to learn the method, I can teach you.

Thank you, pls tell me how to do it? I can't wait to know it.
magiccat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I will teach you this. I explain it taking my induction cooker for example.
This is a special wiring in kitchen. But please clear what you are doing before you do it.
when I connect 220V model induction cooktop directly to the 110V socket, I will receive E1 error, which means low voltage and I can not use it at all. Your induction cooker may receive only 1/4 watts output due to the current limitation components inside the cooktop.

The voltage of most household in North America wall socket is 110-120V.Of course, yours and mine are the same.

But there is one place special - the kitchen. Electricity of 2 sockets is actually from 2 individual 110-120V streams, or so called phases. The difference between those 2 sockets is 220-240V. In fact, that's where the stove and dryer take energy from. We can make some special wiring to utilize this hidden 220V power.

This is a typical 2 rows socket extension panel, which is available at Home Depot or other stores,you can buy it.

Turn the modified extension panel over, you will see the left 2 pins have been purposely cut to avoid short circuit when I connect 2 phases 110(120)V. You may want to keep the round shape ground pin.

Use welding gun to connect one 110V phases' service line to another row's empty (or cut) pin. Use meter to ensure no connection between those 2 phase's pin.

Plug modified extension panel into kitchen's wall sockets, you have 220-240V output.

Connect induction cooktop into newly made 220V socket, it shows the voltage is 237V.

ut metal pot on top of this induction cooktop, you can now enjoy the high efficiency, clean cooktop.

That't it, hope uesful for you.
but do remember that It only meant to be temporary or experimental. Unless you are very clear of what you are doing, don't do it.
Rolling Eyes [/img]
deronfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! this method is so helpful to me! I will try it.

Laughing
Irenes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magiccat - thank you for the images. They make the explanation so much more clear! You should make a web page on the topic! It would be interesting to try basic chicken recipes in the cooker!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MacGourmet Recipe Swap Forum Index -> Kitchen Gear All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: